Applications for LabTechs are now open! LabTechs support both Org team and accelerator project teams to ensure successful outcomes for the teams. We are looking for people who take initiative, are team players, and find opportunities in everything.
This is a paid role for the three months of the programme starting 10 August. Working hours can be flexible, but ideally close to 30 hours per week.
Who are we looking for?
You might be a recent policy or law grad, finished up at design school or have experience working in the community. Knowledge of agile, lean or design thinking is a bonus! To thrive in this role you’ll need:
- Creative thinking/problem solving
- Active listening
What does the role involve?
LabTechs are adaptive, adjusting to the needs of each team. Tasks may include:
- Supporting the teams through data collation, research and using the innovation tools.
- Preparing slides, minute taking, and marketing material.
- Assisting teams with customer validation
- Helping the Org team with ad-hoc tasks
- Most importantly, it involves being a committed part of the GovTech whānau, bringing energy and enthusiasm.
We spoke to Jenni Hamilton to find out her experience as a GovTech Labtech.
“I got the opportunity to learn innovation and lean startup tools and methodologies, upskilled in project management, relationship building, design and more. My experience as a LabTech not only laid the foundations of my career but also provided me with invaluable skills and tools that I use in my professional and personal life. Every day is different, and you will never be bored.”
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages.