Applications are open for individuals to join the NZ GovTech Accelerator 2020. GovTech provides an opportunity for individuals to join a team and work on some of the biggest challenges facing the public sector.
We are looking for people who are adaptable, team players, open-minded, and want to co-design impactful solutions for central and local government. If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, fill in this form.
What projects am I applying for?
The GovTech Accelerator takes big problems and develops fit-for-purpose solutions that can have a meaningful, lasting impact. The required skill set of team members varies for each project. The GovTech team will work to match the skills of applicants with the needs of the project teams. Creating the right dynamic within the team is essential to work together effectively.
2020 projects will focus on the following themes:
- Rebuilding together. New Zealand has just released the 2020 Budget, called Rebuilding Together. We are taking this theme to be the cornerstone of the GovTech Accelerator in 2020 and are looking for projects that help New Zealand recover from the economic and social impacts of Covid-19.
- Community. We have a strong sense of community in New Zealand and this has become even more apparent during Covid-19. A resilient community is going to be critical in the coming months and years.
What skills are we looking for?
We want individuals who are motivated to design better outcomes for New Zealanders and their community. We are looking for developers, designers and project managers; people with marketing, communications and business expertise – just to name a few!
You may be a generalist or have a specific skill, either way, the following skills are complementary to the expertise you bring to the team:
- Find an opportunity in everything.
- Active Listening.
What will you get out of the programme?
The NZ GovTech Accelerator is an opportunity to work collaboratively with government agencies and public servants, outside of a BAU environment. Through the programme, you will build valuable skills, which will set you up for your next move.
- Learn and utilise public sector innovation methodologies
- Build your network across the public sector
- Finetune your relationship management skills
- Flex your autonomy and agility muscles
- Deepen your knowledge of a particular sector
- Grow your communication and leadership skills
Interested? Apply now.